Delicious recipe for Cadbury's Creme Egg pancakes. See other recipes on the creme egg Pinterest board.
- 125g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 250ml buttermilk
- 50g butter, melted
- Preheat and lightly grease a large frying pan.
- Mix the flour, bicarb and salt (you can use less salt to taste) together in a bowl. Add the egg, buttermilk and butter; stir together lightly, but keep it lumpy. The batter should look thick, spongy and puffy.
- Drop 5 tablespoons (75ml) of the batter onto the pan, spreading lightly with the bottom of the spoon. Cook until lightly-browned on each side, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Boil water in a different pan and place a plastic bowl on top enusring the water does not touch the plastic bowl
- Drop 2 creme eggs into the bowl and heat for one minute
- Add the partly-melted creme eggs onto the top of the pancakes